Friday, January 13, 2006

A Rick Griffin thing...


It's really just a Rick Griffin sort of thing. It's called Marybeth for a reason. Figure it out! Actually I got talking to Doug Klauba Sr. who, back in the day, did pin stripping. It's a lost art and I hope someday I have the opportunity to learn a little of this incredible art form from him. The art form has come a long way, but you just can't beat a straight line. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it just goes to prove my point. All that pin stripping you saw in the 50's and 60's, that was done by hand (no decals), and until you've seen a dude walk down the side of a '57 with a paintbrush and an attitude, you really haven't seen much.


This is my most recent. It's called Amy. I know you can figure this out. Anyway I like having to figure these out and at some point they just start to flow, like all art should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home