Saturday, June 17, 2006

Three Minutes with TIMOTHY LANTZ

TIMOTHY LANTZ
is a mystic...or at least what I imagine one to be. I first met Tim at the Pittsburgh show and was captivated by his art. I was glad to see him at the Motor City show! Turns out we had a friend in common which immediately gave us a lot of cred to fully appreciate each others world and sense of humor. The other thing that did it for me was that when I asked him where he got his inspiration he simply replied, "DIO lyrics." 'Nuff said!


Bill Wilkison: Tim, I have found a common thread among artists in many disciplines that Dr. Seuss had a big influence on them growing up and that influence continues today. What influence has Dr. Seuss had on your life, work or art?

Timothy Lantz: It's all about the Truffela Trees and these damn star belly sneetches!

BW: Art is interpretive. What is this?



TL: The saw blade cod piece of Blackie Lawless, front man of W.A.S.P.


BW: Don't think for a minute that I'm not going to do a ROCKHEADS! of that. (Tim and I have been aisle mates at more that one show this year. His art is fantastic and in my opinion...dream like. At the most recent Motor City show Tim sat on the end of the aisle.) So, what's it like sitting on the end of the aisle?

TL: It's like an orgy with the three girls from CLEOPATRA 2525...or at least how I imagine that to be!



THIS JUST IN!!!
Next week: Three minutes with The Cynical Man himself...MATT FEAZELL!


















©2006 B. Wilkison, of course!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul E. Schultz said...

Lucky smurf! Matt's awesome!

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home