Thursday, January 19, 2006

Pressing matters!

That's right! The ol' inkslinger has taken his first steps into the relm of self printing. My friend and associate Josh Johnson (a master ink slinger in his own right) let me play around with his letter press the other day. Josh, as always, was a generous and delightful host, who wanted to make the experience as fun and pleasant as possible. He taught himself on the ol' letter press, so I was able to learn from his mistakes, from the setting to the mixing of ink right down to striking the image. But, when it came time to clean the thing, most artists would have run for cover (or at least more coffee. Not me! I was in there takin' care of business. I by no means wish to claim any expertise, but at least I now know a little bit more about how it works.

Josh promised me another rideon the press, so, if you're lucky you might get a Valentine card....cut, inked and pressed by yours truly!
©2006 Josh Johnson/B. Wilkison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home