Sunday, August 20, 2006

Three Minutes with JUSTIN BLEEP!

Justin Bleep is an illustrator and friend. (I spent 5 hours in the same room with him once working on a mini-comic anthology with about eleven other people...so, that counts in my book.) He is one of the greatest indie comic guys around because he totally gets it. He gets it, he has it and he ain't letting it go any time soon. His name is synonymous with "style." So, visit his web site www.urbansequence.com, visit with him at an upcoming convention, or just sit around wishing you were him. All of these things will help you to be a better person.

Bill Wilkison: Justin, I have found a common thread among artists in many disciplines that Dr. Seuss had a big influence on them growing up and that influence continues today. What influence has Dr. Seuss had on your life, work or art?

Justin Bleep: As a kid I liked One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. It reminds me of my mom reading to me. As an adult I can't say I have called upon the genius for inspiration.

BW: Art is interpretive. What is this?



JB: Well, because of the multi-lined, incomplete and disrupted border on the image, I get a feeling of chaos.

BW: You're not the first person to say that about my work.

JB: For that reason, I would say the internal object reminds me of a chainsaw blade. Otherwise I would say hair.

BW: Do people think you're cussing when your say you [bleepin'] name?

JB: They usually think it's french!















Next week: Andy Price

Coming soon:


Christopher Herndon


STAY TUNED!

















©2006 B. Wilkison, of course!

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul E. Schultz said...

Did you know the word "nerd" first appeared in 1950 in Dr. Seuss's "If I Ran the Zoo." The nerd was a small humanoid creature who looked like a comically-angry Chester A. Arthur. Authorities think Dr. Seuss is the originator of the word and that it was picked up by the kids of 1950. Pretty cool, huh?

9:14 AM  
Blogger The Inkslinger said...

Only a nerd would think that was cool!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Paul E. Schultz said...

What are you trying to say?

1:16 PM  
Blogger The Inkslinger said...

Takes one to know one.

ps...I'm being painfully reminded that Jerry Garcia should NOT sing songs by The Rolling Stones!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home