Friday, September 01, 2006

Three Minutes with ???? (includes bonus interview)

First off let me apologize for not being up to the date on my "weekly" updates. As long as I do it once a week, I feel pretty good about it. I know a lot of you would visit more often if I were a bit more consistent. Well, the art world is anything but consistent. Given to fits of inspiration and procrastination we end up following deadlines more than anything. I'm lucky because people know that if they contact me and say they need another page for issue two...I'll be able to turn it around in a couple of days. That said...I had two such deadlines this week. One of which was an ad for INCESSANT YARNS #2. All I can say about it is that you'll have to pick up a copy of it from Hanging Chad Entertainment if you are into collecting every piece of WHA? art there is...not to mention I (Heart) Zombie!

©2005-2006 Warner/Wilkison

Next, let me send you over to my good buddy Paul Schultz who will conduct this weeks Three Minutes with...


But, wait...there's more! I want to conduct my own Three Minutes with... this week and I want to shine the light on a guy that I have seen at almost every show since I began...Andy Price! This guy is amazing! Illustrator, painter, kit-builder and the keeper of the cheese. He draws some of the best Universal movie monsters I've ever scene and does a lot of sexy superhero pin-ups and as you'll soon see...he's a pretty great cartoonist as well...

Bill Wilkison: Andy, I have found a common thread among artists in many disciplines that Dr. Seuss had a big influence on them growing up and that influence continues today. What influence has Dr. Seuss had on your life, work or art?

Andy Price: Other than selling his books for a living for 11 years, not much at all. Heavy influences are Don Newton, Jose Luis Garcia Lopez, Joe kubert, Steve Rude, et al...

BW: Art is interpretive. What is this?



AP: This is the broken and jutting edge of a cliff.



BW: Do you think your name "Price" helps with sales?

AP: Customers, I think, are a bit more cautious--thoughts of price tags make them nervous!


















Next week:


Christopher Herndon


STAY TUNED!










Oh, you might be curious about that second deadline this week...well, you'll have to wait...I won't be able to make any announcement until mid to late September. Let's just say the LUCIUS HEARS A WHA? train keeps a rolling.






©2006 B. Wilkison, of course!

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul E. Schultz said...

I believe that's the first time the shaded area in that picture was used as a "solid" space.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jaimie 13 said...

Love the zombie picture!!!!!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger The Inkslinger said...

Yes, that is the first time the shaded area was used as "solid" space....leave it to Andy.

12:45 AM  
Blogger The Inkslinger said...

Truth be told...the original pencils for the Zombie pic were done by me...Josh Warner then "inked" over it in pencil. Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home